Do you know what the finest and most precise metal parts in everyday products were 200 years ago? They were gears, axles, armatures and many other pieces that could be found in the German clocks of the administrations and the bourgeoisie. In 1850, the government in Karlsruhe founded the first German clockmakers' school – in the home of the cuckoo clock, in Furtwangen in the Black Forest, of course. It was a growth market even then.
REINER's employees bring the spirit, as well as the pride in craftsmanship and know-how from this history of precision mechanics to the factory halls of Baumannstraße 16 at the headquarters in Furtwangen every day even in 2018. They don't produce clocks, but develop and manufacture highly precise and reliable handheld stamps, electrical stamps and – in the digitalisation era of the 21st century – an increasing number of digitally-mechanical solutions for marking units and document scanners.
REINER produces precision-mechanics products in-house and has always trusted in its own tool manufacture for precision punching and forming tools. In this company, theory and know-how of tool construction are put to a hard daily test in the manufacture of parts with direct influence on the quality and precision of the resulting tools.
REINER precision technology – precisely shaped ideas
Interesting information on tool and mould construction
- Competence overview
- Tool construction – What makes design and development at REINER special?
- Why is REINER a specialist for moulding and punching tools?
- What services does REINER offer in tool construction for injection-moulded parts?
- What does tool construction mean for quality and parts production?
- REINER tool construction – Quality from the heart of Baden-Württemberg
- For parts with a tool clamping surface of up to 400 x 700 mm (depending on the parts volume)
- REINER chooses the optimal material composition depending on customer needs or options
Creo Elements Software – Direct Modelling
- Sink erosion: graphite electrodes (rarely/as required: copper electrodes)
- Wire erosion: wire thickness 0.25 mm, preferably used for cutting tools
- Flat polishing, round polishing, profile polishing, coordinate polishing
- Machining processing (turning & milling):
- State-of-the-art milling centres, up to 5 axes
- HSC milling for processing of the electrodes
- State-of-the-art CNC programming technology
- Precision lathes
- Coordinate measuring technology for mould and sample measurement
- Contract erosion on sink and wire erosion machines
- Tool construction also based on provided designs
- Parts production on provided tools
- Standard wire 0.25 mm, alternatively 0.15 mm
- Sink electrodes mostly graphite, exception: copper
- Milled internally on HSC
Advantages of REINER
- Fully equipped tool construction for re-forming tools, moulding and cutting tools
- Dedicated tool design with CAD & CAM
- State-of-the-art CNC machining centres for complete/final processing
- All processes except for hardening take place in-house
- Repair & maintenance of the tools take place in-house
- Fire-safe tool storage
- Tool assembly takes place in-house
- The focus is on small/technical parts
Tool construction – What makes design and development at REINER special?
Optionally, REINER also produces tools based on the customers' designs in its known and valued quality. Meeting the customers' specific wishes, REINER takes the roles of consultant, solution partner, constructor and tool maker up to productive parts production and assembly installation.
Customers value this 360-degree all-round-view of the requirements of an efficient industrial production, since REINER thinks and consults on an equal footing. Our customers profit of our rich experience developed from daily production at REINER with all of its pitfalls, problems, learning processes and innovations.
Why is REINER a specialist for moulding and punching tools?
Customers who charge REINER as a processor and service provider therefore profit of a particularly great depth of process comprehension and quality awareness. We offer passionate tool construction and think out of the box – it's all "Made in Germany" after all.
All steps of tool assembly, tool repair and tool maintenance take place in-house. REINER only outsources the hardening process to its highly specialised long-term partners.
What services does REINER offer in tool construction for injection-moulded parts?
Our full service includes:
- Tool design with CAD & CAM
- Sink erosion with graphite electrodes (if necessary with copper electrodes)
- Wire erosion with a wire thickness of 0.25 mm (alternatively 0.15 mm)
- Flat grinding, round grinding, profile grinding, coordinate grinding
- Machining and milling (chip removal) with state-of-the-art milling centres with up to 5 axes
- HSC milling for processing of electrodes
- CNC programming and state-of-the-art precision lathes
- Coordinate measuring technology for mould and sample measurements
- Tool repair, maintenance and servicing
- Fire-proof tool storage
What does tool construction mean for quality and parts production?
The tools will remain in the professional hands of the REINER employees if repairs or maintenance is required as well. Maintenance takes place in-house.
The fire-proof tool storage completes REINER's full service in tool and mould construction.