Scanner RS 891 - Single Feed Scanner
The open-frame scan module RS 891 integrates easily into Self-Service Kiosks and ATMs.
The REINER RS 891 has cameras for both sides producing colour, greyscale and black/white images. And the front-side colour camera can be upgraded to add UV and IR image channels. For cheques with magnetic code-lines (E13B and CMC7), the MICR head reads the data and delivers this to the application alongside the image(s). A rear-side endorser is standard and a front-side roller stamp option is available.
- Accepts crumpled, torn, mutilated cheques
- Customisable in-feed tray
- Document sensor in front of shutter
- Front camera optionally upgradeable to colour/UV/IR
- Mechanical and electronic document alignment
- Document transport control
- Position sensor
- Double feed sensor
- Rear-side inkjet endorser for alphanumeric text
- MICR reader
- USB 2.0 interface
- Fully accessible paper path
- Option: front-side roller stamp
|Image Capture System:|
|Dimensions without in-feed tray and adapter plate (W x D x H):|
add to the collective download remove from collective download
If you switch on the scanner you must hear the typical sound of the shutter. Then have a look at the LEDs which are located at the right side of the scanner housing (front of panel view). The 3 green LEDs must be on (not flashing) the yellow LED must be off. If the USB-cable is connected to the scanner you should also hear a bing-bong sound on the PC. Also you should see the scanner in the device-manager (under multifunction-adapter) if the USB-driver is installed. (refer also to Installation guideline for REINER RS 89x Scanner)
For which application languages REINER provides examples?
Currently available are program examples in Visual C++ 6.0 and Visual Basic 6.0.
The RS 890 or RS 891 need a power supply with 24VDC/1A. If the RS 890/ 891 scanner is upgraded with a RA 894 a 24VDC/3A power supply is mandatory. Also for the RS 893, for the RS 893/RA 894 or the RS 893/RA 894/RR 895 combination this power supply is absolutely required.
In RS 89x scanner modules the HP ink cartridge No. 51604 is used. Either your local HP dealer can provide you with the cartridge or you can order at REINER. Additionally it must be mentioned that REINER is the official OEM-supplier for this type of ink cartridge in black. Interesting could also be that REINER can provide this cartridge with red ink and even ink for food packaging.
• Order-N° black: 801307-000
• Order-N° red: 801307-050
• Order-N° black for food packaging: 791040-000
• Order-N° red for food packaging: 791040-001
In this case one of the nozzles is destroyed and the print head must be replaced.
To avoid nozzle failures, switch the scanner ON or OFF ONLY if the power plug is plugged in the wall socket. Please keep in mind, that supply voltages above 24VDC destroy the print head immediately.
The photo-sensor L-BK2 gets some extraneous light.
Please check whether the black cap above this sensor is installed.
Please check the following using the device manager:
• Is Win XP Professional SP2 or Windows 2000 SP4 installed?
Are the following drivers installed?
• usbhub.sys Vers.: 5.1.2600.2180
• usbport.sys Vers.: 5.1.2600.2180
• usbuhci.sys Vers.: 5.1.2600.2180
• usbehci.sys Vers.: 5.1.2600.2180
• usbohci.sys Vers.: 5.1.2600.2180
• usbui.dll Vers.: 5.1.2600.2180
• hcoin.dll Vers.: 5.1.2600.2180
• usbd.sys Vers.: 5.1.2600.0
It is strongly recommended that the USB-drivers from Microsoft are installed in case you use an USB-controller card from any vendors.
Here also some information what was monitored in the past in case the Service Packs are not installed:
• The scanner provides images with bottom half of image in yellow colour and upper half is fine.
• The scanner starts occasionally with errors like "Track is not empty" even it was verified that there is no paper in scanner at all.
• Additionally this error seems to be less frequent on USB 2.0 enabled computers, and more frequently on USB 1.1.
• Occasionally the problem happens also in your application even if the DEMO application provided by REINER works properly.
• 604mm/s (23.78/s) at 100 x 100dpi
• 302mm/s (11.89/s) at 200 x 200dpi
• 201mm/s (7.92/s) at 300 x 300dpi (300 dpi interpolated in vertical direction)
Filtered colour always means that one colour has high resolution and the other colours have half the resolution.
• 302 mm/s (11.89/s) at 100 x 100 dpi e.g. 100 dpi red/ 50 dpi green/ 50 dpi blue
• 151 mm/s (5.94/s) at 200 x 200 dpi e.g. 200 dpi red/ 100 dpi green/ 100 dpi blue
• 100 mm/s (3.96/s) at 300 x 300 dpi e.g. 300 dpi red/ 150 dpi green/ 150 dpi blue
• 201 mm/s (7.92/s) at 100 x 100 dpi
• 100 mm/s (3.94/s) at 200 x 200 dpi
• 67 mm/s (2.64/s) at 300 x 300 dpi (in vertical direction 300 dpi interpolated)
• Transport speed : 500 mm/s (19.69/s)
If the endorser is used the transport-speed remains the same in all the cases above.
Please check the version of the used ASPI driver. Use only the version 4.57. All other drivers from Adaptec (e.g. 4.71) do have memory league problems. This applies not only for Windows XP but also for Windows Vista.
Applicable only for SCSI environments with Adaptec cards!
To allow only REINER USB-scanners to operate but also to block other USB devices like memory sticks on the USB-ports the following steps must be achieved:
> Install the REINER USB scanner on the PC (see document install REINER USB-Scanners / First Steps)
> Start the regedit program by entering Run regedit and process the following key
> Click the key above with the right mouse-key and enter the menu Permissions.
> Select under Permission entries the entry SYSTEM and click the button Advanced.
> Check out the red circle below and press the buttom Edit. (Then it could be that it asks in a new window Security for Copy, Remove or Cancel. Press the buttom Copy in this case and select once more Edit).
> Check the permissions according to the red ellipse below.
Setting registry entries is only possible under administrator rights.